The Cat Knits...

A singular forum to discuss knitting as craft, therapy, and way of life (with or without the benefit of cats).

Sunday, April 01, 2012

Winging it

Why is it that when I find the pattern of something I want to make, I don't have enough yarn in the stash? I know. Why don't I just go out and buy yarn? Well, that would make it too simple, and the purpose is, after all, to use the yarn in the stash.  I would like to graduate from scarves and shawls to a little shrug or a cropped cardi. I should have enough yarn to make either, if only I can find a pattern I like that is compatible with the recommended needle size for the yarn I have. So I've taken up a course of action that is so not me. I am making it up as I go along. It's risky, but I'm so used to ripping and restarting again and again ... and again. I have taken up the advice of K.D., who has done this before and recommends careful measuring along the way. Okay. Here's the bottom/back in Noro Hotaru. When done it'll be a cropped cardi knitted in one piece. Reminds me of Zimmerman's surprise baby jacket. I can see already that no baby will fit in this one....

3 Comments:

At 6:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am always in awe of people that can 'wing it', or even take a stab at it. For me, a proper fit is a gamble, even with a great pattern.

 
At 1:08 PM, Blogger KSD said...

Noro yarns are my absolute favorite. That colorway is stunning.

 
At 7:37 PM, Blogger CatKnits said...

Thank you for the observations! Did I mention that I like to wear oversized clothing? Nothing couture about my wardrobe. HA!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home