The Cat Knits...

A singular forum to discuss knitting as craft, therapy, and way of life (with or without the benefit of cats).

Saturday, March 03, 2012

Stitches West 2012

Stitches West is always an adventure and many unexpected things happen. R. brought the paper to read and ended up walking the entire show--miles and miles of booths--with his sister (in pic) and me (took pic). Although, he resisted the temptation to purchase a single thing beyond lunch. I got to shake hands with Kira of Kira K Designs. I have attempted her cowl and admired her beautiful knitted designs for years. Also enriched my collection of Romi shawl patterns at the Verb for Keeping Warm booth, which won an award for the prettiest booth. I spent a lot of time there. It was wonderful. It was also a treat to see Takako at Habu Textiles. Habu yarns are singular in their appearance and manufacture. Sigh! I noticed a lot of drop spindles at this year's show, and not so many Cricket looms as last year. Many of the smaller vendors were missing which was a shame. It's a treat to be able to see fiber-folks from around the country in one area for a long afternoon.

2 Comments:

At 10:43 AM, Blogger KSD said...

The Stitches events ARE amazing. I'm so sorry I had to miss the last South one.

 
At 8:11 PM, Blogger CatKnits said...

Have my fingers crossed that you'll make the next one!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home