The Cat Knits...

A singular forum to discuss knitting as craft, therapy, and way of life (with or without the benefit of cats).

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Unfulfilled in paradise

I was sorely disappointed not to find any knitting supplies on my recent trip to Hawaii (the Big Island). I inquired at a few shops but no one knew any knitters, much less where one would get yarn. Finally, I found a clerk who thought there might still be a knitting group in Waimea, but this was said with much uncertainty. As we often shopped in that town -- which has sheep grazing in yards and a Starbucks with a fireplace! -- I thought there was a good chance I'd find something. I even spotted this sign: "Woolcraft!" Alas! The only wool for sale was for needlepoint. Apparently, another visiting (aka tourist) knitter had called in a panic trying to find needles, but there were none to be had there. So my dreams to purchase Hawaiian-made koa needles were dashed, too.

2 Comments:

At 9:27 AM, Blogger Kim said...

That's so sad! Though I suppose there isn't a great call for sweaters in Hawaii. . .

 
At 5:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

But you got great photos. Thanks for sharing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home