The Cat Knits...

A singular forum to discuss knitting as craft, therapy, and way of life (with or without the benefit of cats).

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Hounds tooth

Well, wrist is much better despite the fact that I've been cheating a little on the rest part of the cure. It's awfully hard to sit idly on the couch and simply watch the TV. After all, my continuing New Years' resolution is to knit down my stash AND my niece gave me a goodly supply of Lion Homespun yarn for Christmas. With so much yarn, I wanted to knit something other than simple scarves with it. How about a wrap in a hounds tooth pattern? Yes. Using two skeins will produce a reasonably large, cuddly rectangle.

CO 48 in Color A
Row 1: With A, Knit
Row 2:  sl 1 knitwise wyib; Add B: *k1, sl 1 purlwise wyib; repeat from *; end sl 1 knitwise wyib
Row 3: With B, knit
Row 4: sl 1 knitwise wyib;  Add A: *sl 1 purlwise wyib, k1; repeat from *; end sl 1 knitwise wyib
Repeat Rows 1-4 for pattern to desired length
Bind Off
Weave in ends


3 Comments:

At 6:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 6:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ouch, I hope your wrists make a complete recovery very soon. Big, chunky needles might help. :)

Your houndstooth is very pretty.

PS. Removed my first comment because I can't spell, type, or put together a complete sentence tonight. Long day.

 
At 12:07 PM, Blogger KSD said...

Once you're used to knitting, it IS hard to just sit, isn't it? Glad you're able to get a little work done.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home