The Cat Knits...

A singular forum to discuss knitting as craft, therapy, and way of life (with or without the benefit of cats).

Sunday, April 25, 2010

More Stash Busting

This was one of my favorite balls of yarn in my stash (Crystal Palace Yarns Musique-Monet). I bought it at a closeout sale quite a while ago. There wasn't a lot of yardage (approx. 65 yards), so my logical self tried to dissuade my emotional self from getting it, but I loved the mixture of muted colors and purple. Of course, I reasoned that I would find another ball and make something. It took a while, but I finally found and bought a second ball for this project. True, I could probably have knitted up the one into another lacy cowl, but I wasn't sure that I liked this yarn against my neck. It seemed a little too delicate for that abuse. So, I fell back to one of my favorite patterns the Ruffled Scarf (by Nancy Adams). I like the straightforwardness of the ribbing that is balanced with the feminine ruffle. Since the balls were purchased at different times, I knitted them both up together, but I could not see a noticeable difference between the dye lots. This is another favorite yarn that I am having to get used to as a knitted object. The muted tones were too subtle and what happened to the purple strand? I'm working really hard to love my new scarf....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home