The Cat Knits...

A singular forum to discuss knitting as craft, therapy, and way of life (with or without the benefit of cats).

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Do the Gods knit?

I began knitting a lace shawl this week. It was going very welll. So well that I started feeling that I was really getting the hang of lace knitting. I even told people what I was doing and how much I was enjoying it, yadda, yadda, yadda. Need I say more? Last night when I looked at the work, there was a big mistake about 2" down involving a yarn over and the k2tog or was it the ssk? (There's also an sk2p and a k3tog somewhere.) I'm not good enough to rip out just the erring section and fix it so it was Ribbit-ribbit-time. Hubris does not lead to happy knitting. Although, I think the Gods were having a good laugh on me.

1 Comments:

At 4:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my...you have my sympathy, but it could have been much, much worse. My first shawl involved much stitch counting, double-checking and frogging. And then I found a mistake while blocking and had to frog again. Remember that lifelines are your friend and will save many tears and hours of frogging and reknitting. Have fun.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home