The Cat Knits...

A singular forum to discuss knitting as craft, therapy, and way of life (with or without the benefit of cats).

Monday, April 05, 2010

How did it get to be April already?

I was going to pose that question last Thursday, but it was more than I could bear to do. I have vague memories of being sick for the month of January. Was it bronchitis? The doctor was never quite sure, but antibiotics cured me. February is so short it shouldn't be it's own month. March just got blown away as I was rewriting my job description. (Not my idea....) I do remember springing forward with Daylight saving time. I hope April won't dissolve away as I do my self-evaluation at work. Somehow, the powers-that-be do not think that Yarn Goddess is a suitable job title or that my skill with lace should count as excellent job skills. Sigh!

One should not think that I had a totally miserable start to Spring, though. There was Stitches West to attend and I actually bought yarn this time. And for Spring Break in March (!) we took to the highway and drove along the California coast. Do you know, there are fabulous yarn shops in almost every city and town. Each shop I got to visit was populated with knowledgeable and friendly knitters, and filled to the rafters with different brands and kinds of yarns, accessories, etc. Truly, there was something new in every shop...and I needed it. The sales were fabulous, too. I was glad to be able to keep knitting and knitting the whole time. I'll try to post pix of the actual knitting and/or yarn next time.

Thank you to: Knit & Pearl Boutique, Santa Barbara; Knitting in La Jolla; and Black Sheep Yarn, Encinitas. There were many other shops, but we ran out of time.

Image: 4th C, BCE, Greek Fresco, Santa Barbara Museum

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home