The Cat Knits...

A singular forum to discuss knitting as craft, therapy, and way of life (with or without the benefit of cats).

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Purl & Putt

You've heard of Stitch & Bitch and Knit and Pitch. Well, now there's Purl and Putt. My recent visit to the Presidents Cup Golf Tournament was a productive day yielding two caps... knitted and purled in an acrylic and wool blend green yarn. Sorry, but there are no photos of me actually knitting at the event since personal cameras, PDAs, and cellphones were banned. That evening on the TV sports recap of the event I did catch a glimpse of myself sitting at the 7th Hole. My few minutes of fame have come and gone, but the hats remain. This is a great little pattern for a fast knit. Using chunky weight yarn, cast on 60 on US 10.5/16" circular needles. K2 P2 rib for 29 rounds. Decrease row: K2tog, P2 around. Next round: K1, P2tog around. K1 P1 for the next two rounds. Then, K2tog for the next two rounds. Cut yarn. Thread through remaining stitches and finish. Cap is stretchy and should fit most people.

1 Comments:

At 10:13 AM, Blogger Mistrmi said...

I wish I had known you were there --- I'd have looked for you on TV!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home