The Cat Knits...

A singular forum to discuss knitting as craft, therapy, and way of life (with or without the benefit of cats).

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Accessorizing a Community

The other day when my Holiday parcels and I were taking up residence at the local Post Office, I noticed a woman in the line. She was wearing a blue tweed, garter stitch scarf...that I had knitted! I didn't know who she was and she didn't recognize me either. Now, I have been in the situation where I am surrounded by family, friends, or co-workers wearing scarves and hats that I have knitted for them. I'm guessing most knitters eventually experience this, too. But this was different: A complete stranger was wearing my scarf at "my" post office and she didn't know that I had made it. I've become the phantom knitter who is accessorizing my community.

Not so phantom is Evelyn Clark who designed the little bears that I knitted into a scarf for my Mother Bear. You can find her pattern in Interweave Knits, Summer 2005 issue.

1 Comments:

At 8:13 AM, Blogger Mistrmi said...

What an amazing experience that must have been for you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home