The Cat Knits...

A singular forum to discuss knitting as craft, therapy, and way of life (with or without the benefit of cats).

Monday, October 19, 2009

Woolly brain fog

It was quite humid last week, which was very unusual for this part of the country. We might have a day or two, but never a week's worth of high humidity all at once. Perhaps, that was why I kept casting on the same scarf two...three times with two different yarns and it never worked out. I would finish a skein and realize I was only a third of the way through. Then I went to our yarn shop's special Third Thursday of the Month sale--tweed yarns @ 40% off this month--and got a hank of pretty blue flecked tweed from Australia. Well over the 200 yards I needed. So it finally rained and the humidity went away and I read the pattern again. Yes, you guessed it! I needed 2...TWO...hanks or skeins of 200 yards each. DUH! The dilemma is now do I go back and buy another pricey skein of Australian wool for full price? Well, it would be a 20% over all discount. Maybe I'll find another nice scarf pattern. Sigh!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home