The Cat Knits...

A singular forum to discuss knitting as craft, therapy, and way of life (with or without the benefit of cats).

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Stash Busting


My stash has grown and multiplied so that I no longer feel that "stash" is an adequate term to describe it. It looks like a mini-store if only I would sell some of the skeins. I confess that I tend to buy the last ball, skein, hank of yarn in a shop. I have joked about opening a store called the Last Skein Stop. (Need one more ball of some yarn? I probably have it.) It was funnier at one time.... Well, with the discovery of the lacy cowl/ neck warmer pattern over Spring Break, I have kept knitting the cowls with a few of those lonely balls in my collection. An interesting thing happened. Yarn that I adored and hoarded became something quite different when knitted up. I was a little surprised with the appearance of the black cowl. It didn't seem as rich when it wasn't wound up in a ball. On the other hand, the light green looked exactly the way I thought it would. It reminds of a a garden trellis, and that is perfect for this time of year. Dark yarn is 100% wool Froehlich Wolle Swiss Chalet (95yds/ball) and the other is a wool blend from Sensations Canditi (Lime, 87 yds/ball). Yes, there is one more ball of that one left!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home