The Cat Knits...

A singular forum to discuss knitting as craft, therapy, and way of life (with or without the benefit of cats).

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Travel Knitting

As promised, here are a couple of the neck warmers that I knitted up while on Spring Break last month. I did most of the knitting in the car as my husband drove us from one location to the next. I was a little concerned about knitting a lace pattern while on the go in traffic, but managed pretty well. In fact, I made most of the mistakes while knitting in the hotel rooms. Go figure! The pattern (Lacy Luxe Cowl) is a freebie from Lion Brand. As usual, I left the ends to last, and finally forced myself to knit them in. They still need to be washed and blocked. I got the yarn on sale from Knitting in La Jolla. Yes, the last skeins in the shop. They are both Lana Grossa, Mega Stoppino, 50 g balls, 90 meters, a blend of wool and acrylic. They knitted up really well and feel nice and soft. Of course, it's too warm to wear them full time now....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home