The Cat Knits...

A singular forum to discuss knitting as craft, therapy, and way of life (with or without the benefit of cats).

Sunday, May 20, 2007

Fore! Down with boring golf club covers

I seem to be the only non-golfer in my family, but I am the most prolific knitter. It's a good thing that the golfers are (usually) receptive to my unconventional club covers. All three club covers were knitted with acrylic worsted weight yarn and Lion's Fancy Fur for the yellow club head section. Acrylic 4-ply is not my favorite yarn, but it seems to hold up to the (mis)use while golfing and to machine washing. I once used Lion Brand's Woolease (per a pattern direction), but the yarn was not hardy enough and the club cover got damaged and soon unraveled. I guess, while on the links, a golfer's attention is on other things and not on the care of the golf club cover. My next goal is to work on putter covers. I think I'll do more with the white "circle" motif. Being of a literal mind set, they remind me of golf balls. Can't take credit for it's invention, though. The original design is by Mary Anne Thompson from Knitter's Socks, Socks, Socks edited by Elaine Rowley. Fore!

1 Comments:

At 4:59 PM, Blogger 01007 said...

please send the pattern of the fuzzy yarn putter cover as seen in your blog. We have several Boy Scout moms knitting like crazy for the upcoming golf tournament -- I would like to make the putter cover as a table favor for our participants.

thanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home