The Cat Knits...

A singular forum to discuss knitting as craft, therapy, and way of life (with or without the benefit of cats).

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Belgian Waffle Scarf


A few months ago, in my frenzy to get a few gifts knitted, I misread the "recipe" and ended up with a rather nondescript, brown scarf. It reminded me of a long Belgian waffle and, well, I didn't think it had a future except to be ripped out. But I found an interesting scarf treatment in the premier issue of Vogue Knitting's Knit.1 magazine. So I took 12" lengths of Jiffy Thick and Quick and wove them through the the scarf and now I have a waffle with butter, brown sugar, syrup, and cherries. It still looks like something only a Klingon might enjoy.... Ha!

The diagonal eyelet scarf pattern came from Creative Knitting's September 2006 issue. It was knitted with Lion Brand's Woolease. I also knitted a pink version and it looked much nicer. Perhaps, it's just that shade of brown that doesn't work for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home