The Cat Knits...

A singular forum to discuss knitting as craft, therapy, and way of life (with or without the benefit of cats).

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Wedding Shawlette


The mother of the bride--one of my sister-in-laws--is a talented seamstress and knitter. She knit a mobius shawlette as part of her wedding ensemble. The color match was so perfect I'm tempted to ask if she dyed it to match. The texture of raw silk with a beaded top and that lustrous sequin shawl was just stunning. It was that perfect something extra for a hot, outdoor wedding and warm, indoor reception. Somehow in the excitement, I didn't get a snap of the front, which is where the mobius twist occurs. I'll have to ask her about the pattern....

The pattern is from the Treasury of Magical Knitting, White Lacy Shoulder Wrap on pg. 55.

1 Comments:

At 9:47 AM, Blogger Mistrmi said...

That IS lovely. My compliments to her.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home