The Cat Knits...

A singular forum to discuss knitting as craft, therapy, and way of life (with or without the benefit of cats).

Monday, May 19, 2008

The cat who liked to shower

For some reason, I've been thinking a lot about Howard lately and getting rather weepy. I guess it's the change of season and the reminder of what once was and what will never happen now.

It has been unseasonably hot lately and I wondered if Panda-mama-cat ever followed my husband into the shower. She follows him everywhere else and mews piteously, as well. (I guess it's nice to have a groupie?) Well, Panda has more cat-sense and does not enter the bathroom. Of course, she probably views it as the little room where cat nails get clipped (ME-Ouch!) and cat teeth get examined.

BUT Howard did take showers. He would even step inside when the shower was in use and water was falling hard. If a drop would strike him, he would flick his tail in annoyance but he wouldn't leave. Sometimes he would stay long after the water had been turned off. Most amazing of all, he never really got wet...except for his paws. So when the light hit the tile floor just right, we were able to trace his path. I confess, it used to annoy me to see his pawprints on the bathroom counters.

I sometimes still look, but have never found the dried impressions of wet pawprints. I really miss the tell-tale signs of his misdeeds.

1 Comments:

At 5:27 AM, Blogger Mistrmi said...

Bless you. I'd say Howard is still very much with you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home