The Cat Knits...

A singular forum to discuss knitting as craft, therapy, and way of life (with or without the benefit of cats).

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Ravellenic Update

After waiting so long for the Games to begin, they started on Saturday and I was at spinning class! Thankfully we recorded the Opening Ceremony and I got to cast on and begin my Romi shawl pattern. Almost immediately I sensed something was wrong.

We were asked to challenge ourselves during the Ravellenic Games, but... well, I was almost out of the game before anything had really happened.  How did I stumble so badly during the qualifying trial? I met the challenge of knitting with US-5 interchangeable needles. (I never knit that small and had not enjoyed working with interchangeable needles once before, but this was challenge time.)

I got through the CO 3, turn, and pick-up stitches part okay. (Whew! Never managed that before either.) Smooth sailing? Oh no! I got to row 12 and the knitting was so tight on the needles that I couldn't work with it. Reading the pattern for the tenth time, I finally saw my mistake. Continue in pattern did not mean that I should continue to M1 Knit 1 as I had been doing. (What?!) No, it meant knit in stockinette for the following designated rows. Rip, rip, rip! 

Okay. It's looking more like a shawl a person might be able to wear instead of a doll. I made it up to row 39 by Day 2. Pacing myself now. This looks to be the easy section of increases and stockinette. Oh, wait! The lace border is coming up....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home