The Cat Knits...

A singular forum to discuss knitting as craft, therapy, and way of life (with or without the benefit of cats).

Monday, May 16, 2011

Jane followed the rules

We have basic rules for a reason. Case in point, the lovely start to my Jane Eyre Mie Shawl (Filocana) now only exists as this lonely picture. I--at least!--knew that I needed 2 skeins to complete the project, but in my haste? enthusiasm? rush? to start it, I forgot the basic rule of knitting with both skeins at the same time to avoid problems with color and pattern mismatches. I swear to you that the lovely skeins of Malabrigo looked identical, but when knitted, they behaved quite differently. One skein is rather heavy on the green and dark brown palette and forms quasi-stripes! The other skein does not. Alas! I am now beginning again and alternating the skeins, which presents other problems to solve, but the final effect should be a shawl that is more integrated. Yes, we have rules for a reason.... Jane knew that, huh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home