The Cat Knits...

A singular forum to discuss knitting as craft, therapy, and way of life (with or without the benefit of cats).

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

I'm spinning! I'm spinning!

Is the third time a charm? Hope so. Took my third spinning class and it seems to be sticking. I'm making yarn! Unfortunately, my spindle (purchased at the second class) is on the hefty/heavy side so I should be trying to make worsted weight yarn. It seems to go well for a short bit, and then it begins to thin o-u-t to fingerling or lace and ... Kaboom! The drop spindle earns its name.

2 Comments:

At 10:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How exciting! My spindles and wool have been mocking me for months. Maybe this is the reason I can't settle down to knitting lately. :)

 
At 5:44 PM, Blogger Marin (AntiM) said...

OK... it's been a few months. Did the spinning take?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home