The Cat Knits...

A singular forum to discuss knitting as craft, therapy, and way of life (with or without the benefit of cats).

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Flickered Off

Every once in a while, I catch a glimpse of this bird in my back yard. Once, I saw him/her against our cherry tree and was amazed by the perfect match of feathers to bark. This time I caught it pecking at the remains of our peach tree (gone these many years). I swear that bird had me in its sights, too. It kept turning its head toward my window. When I finally put the camera away, it glanced up, flew to the corner of the garden closest to the window and struck a great pose for a second. Before I could turn the camera on again, it had flown away. I know it's silly to think that bird was aware of having its picture taken, but it sure felt like it. I love the coloring, anyway. Must look in my stash for that skein of hand-dyed walnut merino I bought last year....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home