The Cat Knits...

A singular forum to discuss knitting as craft, therapy, and way of life (with or without the benefit of cats).

Sunday, November 23, 2008

Breaking news: Baby Blankie Finished


Baby blanket knitted by yours truly has been completed and--this is the best part--my great-nephew is still a baby! You can't imagine how pleased I am by this situation. It will be his "first Christmas" present and I have some books to go along with it. True, he can't read yet and he probably isn't into stories just yet, but one day.... Besides, books are always the right size.

Technical stuff: The pattern is feather-and-fan, which is not so difficult, but I couldn't work on it on a daily basis for hours and hours, so there were incidents of ripping. There was a time that I despaired of ever finishing. I wanted a "lacy" weave with a small gauge yarn so that the blanket wouldn't be so heavy. The yarn is acrylic because I wanted a washable fabric for easy cleaning.

I am working on baby hats now. His father has requested a cap with ... dread locks. Glad that his dad has a sense of humor.

2 Comments:

At 5:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a lucky baby to be receiving such a beautiful blanket. Congrats on finishing in time for a special Christmas gift.

 
At 6:36 AM, Blogger Mistrmi said...

The blanket is such a lovely color!! Feather and fan never disappoints as a pattern choice, does it??

 

Post a Comment

<< Home