The Cat Knits...

A singular forum to discuss knitting as craft, therapy, and way of life (with or without the benefit of cats).

Sunday, April 12, 2009

In the meantime...

Happy to report that the silver wrap attracted some attention at the auction and received 3 bids. Heard from the person with the winning bid and she seemed pleased to have won. Whew! It all goes into a scholarship fund so I'm happy to have contributed in a small way.

In the meantime, I got involved with the Mother Bear Project. (Check it out online: MotherBear.org) There is a shop in town that collects the bears and then ships a group away at a time. I need to get back there and see how much stuffing is required. Had never really made toys before and the directions were specific about not over stuffing, but they feel a little light. Also spent a long time coming up with a face that I liked. Not perfect yet, but getting there. My embroidery skills are quite rusty. I want them to have a sweet disposition. My bears were knitted with acrylic yarn. I thought it would hold up better and comes in a lot of bright colors. They are quite addictive. Can't wait to start on my next bear.

1 Comments:

At 4:53 AM, Blogger Mistrmi said...

Bears ARE addictive, and a nice way to use up yarn leftovers. Good for you for helping out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home